The BNVD's twin-tube design provides protection in the field against failure or damage versus a single-tube NVG. It can be used as a monocular when necessary to allow for the dominant and non-dominant eye by rotating either the left or right optic into the stowed position. Mil Spec White Phosphor tubes with minimum 2376 FOM.
Working directly with input from SOF operators, the BNVD was designed to increase system resolution, significantly reduce head-borne weight, improve system center of gravity, provide additional operational utility and improve overall situational awareness as compared to currently fielded dual-tube goggles.
- Manual system gain and focus adjustments for custom image quality optimization
- Rotating binocular design allows low profile against helmet when in stowed position and ability to use as a single monocular
- Auto OFF when stowed; resumes power when deployed
- LED indicator in left and right monocular indicates when 10 minutes or more of battery life remains
Included with the BNVD:
- L-3 AN/PVS-31A BNVD
- Multicam Padded Case
- Cold Weather Battery Pack
- Battery Cable
- 2x Wilcox Amber Filters
- 2x Eyecups
- Product Manual